Friday, March 6, 2009

Reward Day



Jerin earned another reward day and choose to go the the Dinosaur Museum.

The St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm is home to exceptionally well-preserved dinosaur tracks, some displaying skin impressions. These tracks, along with hundreds of fossil fish, plants, rare dinosaur remains, invertebrates traces and important sedimentary structures, show evidence that this site was produced along the western edge of a large, Early Jurassic (age between 195-198 million years ago) freshwater lake named Lake Dixie.

Other discoveries that make the St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm unique include the largest and best preserved collection of dinosaur swim tracks, a rare sitting impression of a large meat-eating dinosaur, and the unusual association of tracks, traces and actual bones found in close proximity to each other.









After the museum, we had ice cream cones at the park!




I have to say, I enjoy the reward day. It is a great reward/discipline technique through out the week, and a fun memory building time for all of us.

2 comments:

Ora said...

FUN!! I can't wait to do things like that... I've been meaning to ask you about your chore chart and how you do it... Trying to get some good ideas - Sydney needs more responsibilities I think.

House Of Haws said...

cute!